Friday, August 5, 2011

A picnicking....


Happy Weekend everyone!
We are all astir at our house (mostly me) for tomorrow we are having our first Summer Picnic of the season with some of our dear friends.
I have been saving a few special picnic this n thats for the occasion, (although I have misplaced my gramophone...that thing is awesome.) and if the sun comes out in full force the girls and I might go for a float on the water whilst the boys watch the littles on land.
The last time I think I was in a tube or raft was the fated voyage of Victor the II*. However, seeing as we are picnicking at a lake, and a very small one at that, high adventure is unlikely.
Just a nice relaxing Saturday with friends.


*I was a Freshman in college and my friend and I thought it would be jolly to go for a sea voyage (on the peninsula) in a holey little raft called Victor the II.  Full of spirits and a can do attitude we only rowed ourselves halfway to our point of interest before the band aids quit hole stoppering duty (my brilliance) and the most unexpected storm brew up determined to pitch us and sweep us out into the open sea. (and in our excitement) to our watery graves.
All came to right in the end, we just let the waves flop us on to shore a little ways up and we walked back home a little colder and wetter than we left. It was a completely foolish thing to do, but such fun eh Juice?

image source: You know I don't have a clue? It has been around the internets so many times it's lost a home that I can find.

2 comments:

  1. How fun, I love this picture!!! It stirs the imagination:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, Victor II...may you rest in peace. We DID have fun, didn't we?? I miss those days!

    ReplyDelete