Friday, August 12, 2011

Weekend Ahoy!




We had a nice start to the weekend.
Our small group does a Friday night babysitting co-op. Which means 4 out of 5 Fridays are date nights as we rotate out who watches the whole mess of them once.
Our turn to watch the kids was some weeks back and we have been enjoying our free Fridays like a couple of carefree swells. Tonight we had sushi at our favorite place we don't take Greta, and then lazed about the pier with ice cream cones...sweet serenity.
Watching the boats bob in a row put me in a proper state of mind I think. I grew up in a small harbor kind of town and I don't think I realized how much I missed all the good in just sitting on a quiet pier. At any rate, it had a good effect on me because I can't remember the last time I laughed such great deep belly laughs so freely in public. (I usually spend my time in public scanning my surroundings for hidden hazards while nudging and guiding my little chick too and fro.) And it was fun to draw smiles from strangers. (Because who can't help but smile when you hear someones genuine laughter? Isn't it so nice to know that someone is having a good time? Even if it's not you at the moment.)
 Anyways, the weekend is in sight, right off the starboard bow, I hope you find some delicious laughs in it.



1 comment:

  1. Hey!! I had some of those sandals as a kid have they come back?? Where did you find those beauties?
    Also I am so glad for your time at the pier, good laughs are the best they instantly releive stresses in minds and our so good for the soul. That pier looks nice.

    ReplyDelete