Good News! I found a print shop to do some beautiful archival prints for my shop. With beautiful pigmented inks and the whole nine yards! Bad news, their scanner is out of commission for the week which will post-pone the editing/printing/getting in to shop by today ( hah!) process.
But as a distraction from un kept promises (Quick! What's that over there?) I offer you a cute picture and Thing anecdote.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the future generation! It's no new news that Greta likes looking at pictures and home videos of herself on my phone. She's been all about that since like 9 months.
But she has crossed the bridge to completely self sufficient.
This is what Greta looks like on most mornings while I am getting ready for the day. About 5 minutes after waking up she is headed for my bed with giggles and "Yeah, yeah, yeahs". She hands me my phone to punch in the password*, then it's total check out until (dressed and ready for breakfast) I tear the technology from her nimble fingers. She spends the entire time sliding through pictures, (skipping over the lame ones) and playing the various videos of her first use of sippy cups, napkins, tricycles, etc.
She's good. And when she gets tired of pictures (rare), she will switch back to the home screen to find out the forecasts in Richmond, Virginia Beach, Silverdale, and the greater Seattle area.
19 months. And I was hoping to hold out 19 years before she became cell phone dependent.
*I promptly added this feature once I realized that she could theoretically purchase and sell stock on my phone without proper safeguards.
Note- The hospital pillow case next to her. This is what we call Kent's "Pillow". He hasn't slept on a real pillow in like a decade (by preference) but he does like to take care of our sheets so he uses a pillowcase. His favorite being the one we snatched from Children's when we ransacked the place during checkout after Greta was born.
I have long since given up on the idea of having a 'show room' bed. It will always be my two pillows next to his hospital pillow case.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Every time you take a picture or video, a voice in the back of your head will remind you that it'll be something Thing will see on your phone. No more Girls Gone Wild!
ReplyDeletehow cute! we have Seattle WA on our weather options for the itouch. Its fun to see what the weather is at home makes me miss it :). Also right now we have VA beach because we are going there tomorrow for a little mini vaca :)
ReplyDeleteDerek and I are thinking about getting iPhones. Perhaps Greta and Brennan can send messages to each other? :)
ReplyDelete