Sunday, August 28, 2011
The Cute Factor
Greta girl is growing fast. She is beyond cute and knows it.
She will sing any song you give her these days. From Twinkle Twinkle to Can't Buy Me Love, her little voice trips over complicated lyrics in a way so perfectly adult and babyish iphones are always on the ready.
And she has been learning to work this all in her favor.
For example, girl is nuts for Shaun the Sheep. We don't blame her, because it's awesome, but we try and limit it to once a day. So when time is up and all other pleading fails she has used that Blessed tune "If your happy and you know it... clap your hands!" to try and swing the situation around.
Greta: "If your happy and you know it...watch Shaun the Sheep?"
Mom: Nice try kid.
But she's no amateur. She knows that all cuteness involving the bible gets a double cute score. So the other day when she insisted she be allowed to drive us to the store, and being turned down so predictably, she endeavored to ever so gently lull us to her bidding by softly singing in the back seat not "Jesus-Loves-me-this-I-know" but a more timely gospel for her parents... "Babies-need-to-drive-a-car...for the bible tells me so."
For the record, we didn't let her drive the car. But if you ever see us on the 6 o clock news "Local Washington family drives car into crowded Chipotle restaurant"...we blame the cute factor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think next time I see Greta I might dare her to be cuter...not possible, I'm sure. She sounds like she is so witty! (as if it is a surprise with her genetics!)
ReplyDeleteI love you, you know.
Awww dude:)
ReplyDelete