Do you wear a uniform? (Definition being: Something you wear just about everyday. Something you have to actually try hard NOT to wear. )
I have a few trusty items that fall into this category, top of the list I think is the apron. Why is it that people assume you must be cooking if you're wearing an apron?
Chances are on any given day, if I'm in my house I am wearing an apron. Perfect for sparing your clothes unnecessary washings as you scoot through your day shrugging your shoulders at splashes at the sink, coffee spills at breakfast, and little snotty noses (Why do they masquerade giving you a hug when all they really want is to rub their snotty little nose on you. And why doesn't it bother me to the degree it probably should?...Aprons!)
But I think the pockets alone are what really sells me. There you are, everywhere you go you have your phone, your list, your pen, and that spare bobby pin...pockets! You are hanging out up upstairs you find random object belongs downstairs, too lazy to make the trip...pockets! You find a handsome pile of pennies in the dryer and since someone told you once that you could go to jail (destruction of government property or some such rubbish) for throwing them away, you just sock 'em in your pockets to pass on to someone else less bothered by their pointless existence. Pockets for the win.
When I was a kid I used to want to work in corporate America so I could wear heels and skirt suits everyday. But I think I am perfectly satisfied in forgoing Nylons for now. Especially when I look at the sweet frills and tucks on these perfect aprons...
LOVE.
aprons from anthropologie
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

my favorite is the top right :)
ReplyDeleteI can see my Juice in that apron for sure. Want to guess my favorite?
ReplyDeleteAww...this reminds me of when we used to play "Guess which dress I would wear to the Oscars?" whilst looking at the style pages in magazines. *fond memories, dear friend*
ReplyDeleteNow this a toss up for me. I have a feeling that your favorite is one of the two that are on the bottom. I can't quite decide. The bottom left has nice clean lines and a little spunk with the bright colors, but it also has the adorable pleats on the top. HOWEVER, I think you might also like the bottom right. Its "girly-girl"-ness with the ruffles is quite lovely. But then I think...maybe your favorite is the one that I like the best. Although...it looks like it only has one pocket and as you expressed...pockets rock...ets. (pockets rockets!) So...you see, I am torn. BUT, my final vote goes to the bottom left. I won't feel too bad if I am wrong because lets be honest, it's not like ANY of the aprons are not worthy of being worn!
I still love that game! And you were so close. It's the bottom right. Crisp grey and white, it's so British tea time, and tuxedo ruffles...swoon! But your hunches about the others were spot on. We need to play this game more often. (I am putting up a similar post in a few days, we'll play then:)
ReplyDeleteThese are all so cute!!! I especially love the top right corner one:)
ReplyDelete