Thursday, December 5, 2013

Decking the Halls & A Fun First

It was a quick turnaround from Thanksgiving to Christmas. With about one day of rest in between.
We spent our Black Friday in our jammies, eating leftovers, and playing golf on the xbox all day. Like ALL day, it was amazing. And also useful because now Greta is up on her golfing terminology and can say things like "Nice on, mommy."
And the very next day we went out to buy our tree. (Our traditional family trip to Home Depot.) And up went the wreaths, ornaments, and lights aglow.
Boom! it's Christmas time! And what's more it is Christmas Concert time! So all week we've been decking the halls, finalizing the menu, interjecting impromptu music practices, and hopping from store to store to find the choicest eats.
But I wouldn't want a very momentous occasion to get lost in the shuffle.
Last weekend I got to take Greta to her first ever movie in the movie theater.

We saw Frozen, which was really great, and I was pleased to see that it has a good message for girls.
We left around 2 hours early* because I anticipated a crowd of families (it was opening weekend). So I prepared Greta for a line, and talked about line etiquette, and the old tired saying about how good things coming to those who wait in lines at the movies theater.
Aaaand we just walked right in and were the only ones there for about an hour and a half. So we ran races in the aisles, walked next door for a crepe & pastry, took pictures in front of the movie posters, and had a sweet old time.
It was a true date, as we shared popcorn, held greasy hands, and I was stoic for her in the scary parts.
Such a treasured day.



*Which let the records show, Kent thought absolutely unnecessary, for he is reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment