With added bonuses like improved air quality and Hello! Having a new tree for our back yard come January....I can't believe we didn't think of it sooner!
Living meant getting a smaller tree, and transporting it was tough even at that, but yesterday we went ahead and did our tree shopping.
We soon picked out this hardy little Korean Fir. I liked its nubby needles, and we both liked that it was 5 dollars cheaper that the other firs.
Greta insists on pushing the cart.Getting the tree into our car was trickier than we thought. With it's pot it weighed like a hundred pounds, and trees with hundred pound pots of dirt don't lay down on the rack of your car as handily as their more dead brothers and sisters. In the end we had to snap it's little top down to make it fit. But we were determined!
We are taking our time decorating it, we only have to use a small amount of ornaments to decorate it and since it's so manageable I want to make it extra pretty.
Final results to come!
*Read- too lazy to dump it elsewhere.


How fun! I love that last picture with Greta and the tree :)
ReplyDeleteWe are still sporting the fake tree these days.
We've got a fake tree too and to copy Deb (again) I also love the picture of Greta with the tree! :) Did you guys get a new car??
ReplyDeleteThanks! She's a cutie. Yeah, we got a new car about 7 months ago. It was a little sad to see my little red carolla go, but we wanted to trade it in while it was still worth something.
ReplyDeleteLoving the extra room in our new one! You know for trees etc:)
oooo...what kind is it?? Good Memories in the old red though! I was there when you purchased the Corolla!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love all of Greta's pics and the one in the car is so cute and sly! When she is pushing the cart I think she looks like Aunt Shelly when she was that age. :)
ReplyDelete