We've been enjoying a few fun projects around the house this week.
The weeks leading up to Thanksgiving and the Christmas Concert were so full of Christmas gifting, party planning, and entertaining, that I hardly had an ounce of creative spark left for things like cooking the nights dinner, design projects, or keeping things tidy and cozy on the outskirts of our living room.
There's only so much to go around folks.
But with our biggest events behind us there has been a little more time to work on a few small projects.
Like Greta's Grotto.
Greta has been sleeping most nights in the guest room, since both kids just sleep better when they aren't sharing a room. So she's a little bit here and a little bit there, and doesn't usually have a set place for the alone time she really enjoys.
Usually, she ends up camping on the cold tile floor by the garage, tucked away with the vacuum.
So I had a scheme a few days ago to make a little space for her own.
Something a little more permanent than her fairy house which has been long taken down, and maybe a step up from the cold time-out corner by the garage.
So I set up a little nook in the closet of the office/guest room.
And we call it her Grotto (Greta calls it her "In-secret grotto") in the style of The Little Mermaid. Since it is where she dreams, and keeps her gadgets and gizmos a plenty.
I will only give you the smallest peek, since obviously, it's in secret.
There is something magic about a little out of the way corner all to your own.
I remember loving to climb into my parent's long bedroom closet, and getting lost at the bottom of their long hanging clothes, until I found the very back corner, next to a bowling ball. And I'm pretty sure I'd just sit there and glory in the "in secretness" of it.
Friday, December 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment