A catalog of new words would be nearly impossible at this point because all she does is talk and surprise us with new ones! Some endearing...some not so much. Case in point: She says daddy all the live long day. Points to pictures of him "daddy!", waits for him at his bus stop "daddy!"she even knows when we get to the part of town where he works "daddy!" But I asked her the other day who I was (pointing to myself) and she said "Fat." and walked away.
Nice.
When she isn't showering me with her sweet compliments, we have a grand time together.
Little Thing has discovered dancing on mommy's toes, spinning in circles, and singing songs in tandem. (ABC's being her particular favorite.)
Not to be topped however with her most recent favorite past time. Helping me on with my shoes. She fetches them for me and together we untie the laces, put them on my feet (sometimes the wrong ones but we go with it) and then she pulls the laces through the knots. Feeling very proud.
Over all, I feel like this is the Spring time of our life.
Our house is happy and healthy, both of which not being requirements for joy are added blessings to us, and I am daily thankful.
Kent is picking up the piano again and his playing has me curled up like a kitten at his feet.
Our garden is producing edibles (!), and I have finally found the charm in Home Depot*.
We are that family who in cheesy fashion sing old songs** in the car and harmonize our way home. That Walter can really hold a harmony.
And I wouldn't change any of it for work that pays (money) or an ounce of hipster cred. (I think we lost the last of that when we stopped going to shows and added a Raffi station to our Pandora instead.)
But there is something to be said for what I am considering to be our current season of utter Domestic Bliss.
* My mom and dad used to go on dates to Home Depot which I thought the epitome of laaaaame. But now that I have discovered a little something called the perennial ( You buy a plant once and it comes back the next year!...that's not just cool, but thrifty.) look who is skipping down the aisles of the garden center on a free evening?
**In the Jailhouse now (Hank Williams), and Don't Stop Believing (Journey) are currently hot.
Oh my! Perhaps I need to start working out before Brennan knows how to talk? :) That picture of Greta is so cute. She looks so grown up, but still with a touch of "baby" with the thigh rolls. I miss you all so much!
ReplyDeletePS...I now have Journey stuck in my head :)
I love you, you know.
Ooh, thank you for the update! I was hungry for details! I think Greta just gets her opposites confused, next week she'll learn what she meant to say to you was, "Perfect Mommy".
ReplyDeleteHappy for your domestic bliss!
ReplyDeleteAwww, thanks you guys:)
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure she meant "phat". She's just a little g.
ReplyDeleteI highly recommend Nikon cameras. I currently have the D70s (which has been discontinued). But what I very much like about Nikons is that you can buy their old lenses that went with the film cameras and they still work on the digital SLR bodies.
ReplyDeleteIf you can swing it, get the Nikon D90 or something along those lines. The D60 isn't bad if you don't want to grow quite as much as a photographer.
A little point and shoot - Canon powershot is pretty cute and handy. Took it to Nepal for a trekking trip and it took super pics.