Thanks to gentle hinting we got a copy of the Hunky Dory LP at Christmas. Kent is the house dj and when I am getting the last few things on the dinner table it's his task to put on some music. He will almost always ask me what I'd like to listen to and I in turn almost always answer him with some vague "Something Good" type answer as napkin choice has just become suddenly supremely important. When in the very back of my mind (the reasonable part) I am really thinking "That one Ray Charles record or Hunky Dory."
All of my favorite David Bowie songs are on it*, along with 2 of my All Time Desert Island Favorites. (Oh, You Pretty Things, and Queen Bitch.)
And today is just the kind of day for favorites.

image source here & here
* As far as I know** his career could have ended after the last song.
** Which isn't a lot
No comments:
Post a Comment