For those other Crazy Bird Ladies out there, Lisa Rupp has these cute hand drawn ornaments on her blog to download.
You can add them to your tree, and see how cheerful it would be!
I am SUCH the Crazy Bird Lady. Joyfully. Although I can't help but feel like admitting it ages me considerably. I can't help it though. There never was a chance for me. I was destined to be a CBL. My mom's a CBL, her mom's a CBL. There's birds in the hundreds* (We counted one Easter) at my mom's and that's not including birds in books.
Not to say I decorate with them much, not really, except...
I own two knick knacks** and I own two not zero because they are birds. I can't say no to a white ceramic bird, although they serve no purpose and I have no good place to put them...I just scoop them up because I am fated to. I put them somewhere, not because I want them there.
One of them is sitting next to me actually, nested between my printer and a box of dry erase markers. Its head twists off to behold a supply of the most rank old lady perfume.
But being a CBL is more than that. It's sitting down to add onions to your list and drawing a bird instead, it's Ooohing over that Stellar Blue Jay like it was a shooting star....or seeing an adorable download for bird ornaments and although unlikely that you will print and cut them out yourself you post them on your blog for someone else, because someone must do it!
Maybe you?
*These are all images of birds of course, not real birds, I guess that would make you a genuine Crazy Bird Lady...Mary Poppins style.
** Blech. knick knacks.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
z
As one of your listed CBL's, I feel I must thank you for posting the above pictures of the chicadees and cardinals. I recently saw a nest of silver glittered little birds at Pottery Barn. I took two and asked for the price, but it appears they only sell them by the flock and at a very dear price. Alas, the silvery flock won't be at my house this Christmas...but I sure would love their birdcage collection!
ReplyDeleteI love birdies too they are just so adorable, I recently made my mom a little birdie cross stitch, it will be going in her stocking. I have a little set of white bird salt and pepper shakers...they are my favorites :)
ReplyDelete