Monday, December 27, 2010

Family Faces

Now who do you think those distinguished profiles belong to?
This year I decided to do our silhouettes and give them to our parents for Christmas.
They were so fun to do, and if you know how to use a pen tool they are pretty simple as well. (A friend of mine once told me that I "wielded" a pen tool...and it made me horribly conceited.)
But I do think they turned out beautifully.
And really, it's a knacky idea.  You preserve a remarkable likeness of you and yours while shrouded in the timeless dignity of black and white.
No one even has to know that we were in our pajamas.
























I already made some personalized stationary for myself with mine, and my mind is ticking away with ideas for my shop...

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! Greta's little face resembles Kent (even in black and white!), but I see you here too. You are all lovely.

    By the way...Derek just said "Greta almost has a full sized human head..." BAHAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moments after I posted my last comment I realized that it may have come across the wrong way which is why, although it is wonderful I sometimes despise internet communication. What he really meant was "Wow! Look how grown up Greta is, she is getting so big" but he said it in the form of the comment above. Trust me when I say, it was funny and if you could have heard his tone it was completely innocent. We love you, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to many years of these and just love them! Per our discussion, any reproductions of me will have to be sans my wattle (Check Thanksgiving references).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kirsten these are BEAUTIFUL I love them :)!! What a creative idea.

    ReplyDelete