Thursday, December 13, 2012

Blogs to books


You can tell a lot about a person by their books.
But taking it one step further, if you have a blog, have you ever thought about turning it into a book?
I have been thinking about doing this lately. 
I love the idea of being able to someday hand this over to my kids and say Look! This is me and you and everything in between.  All the things you don't remember, and maybe didn't realize, (like for starters, I'm a person to.)
This blog started out as a coping mechanism during my first trimester with Greta, and over time has turned itself into a little time capsule, a Captain's Log, or in a lot of cases, a non-crafty person's excuse for a baby book.
But, it's a little slice of our life and history.  And maybe someday they will want to know what it was like for me to give birth to them, raise them, what were my likes, my loves, or simply what did we do with all of our time?
I would love to read my mom's or grandma's thoughts as they started families, and started building their lives with their husbands, children, and careers. Wouldn't it be fascinating to be able to read their blogs or those of your great or great-great-grandmothers?

Ps- Aren't these prints by Ideal Bookshelf awesome? You can order ready made prints of book collections or a custom painting of your own bookshelf! (Greeeedy fingers!)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment